[at-l] The Blister Sisters...

..from Cheyenne, WY, and Bluffton, SC (formerly of Savannah, GA), will be at Amicalola Falls Lodge next week, in case anyone remembers us.  We started on the approach trail March 29, 1989, and section-hiked our way to Katahdin, summiting Aug. 24, 2001.  Along the way, we got to know many of you...and remember all of you.  Boy, do we have stories to tell, many of them true, most of them embellished.  (Those of you who know Felix, get him to tell you about meeting the Blister Sisters in New Hampshire.  For once, he was speechless.)
    We'll be attending an Elderhostel program, from Mar.14 through Mar.19, and B.J.'s husband, Dave will be there, too.  He's not a hiker...his eyes glaze over when we talk about the Trail...but there are lots of interesting things to keep him busy when B.J. and I slip away to kiss the metal marker where we started our adventure of a lifetime.
    Even if we've never met, if you're starting any time next week, we'd love to give you a hug and a small stone to put in your pack to place on the cairn at Katahdin.  If we did it, you can, too!!
    Pittsburgh and Barb are coming to see us...we can't wait!
    Betty Sue (the Blister Sister from Cheyenne)