[at-l] re: Blue Blaze

>>No one, to my knowledge, applied these terms to folk
>>who took 'blue blazed
>>trails" to views, camping areas, etc. and returned
>>to the white blazed trail where they had left it.
>>OTOH, there has been much heat generated, in some
>>circles, by questions such as taking one blue blazed
>>path into a shelter and another back to the trail,
>>thereby "bypassing" "x" feet of the official "AT"

I am glad this silinessis not present on the western
trails. :-) (Heck..what shelters? What blazes? )

In all seriousness, it is a disucssion I've only heard
a great amount of the AT.

Though, as more ATers are doing the western trails,
much of the culture is migrating west-ward as well.
Actually heard "purity" discussions on the PCT, and
some rumblings of it on CDT forums. (How you can be
pure on a "trail" that is not even completed I have
yet to understand!)

Mags (who often likes to hike cross country w/o
trails, blazes, shelters and privy in any shape of
form. :D)

=====
--Thoreau