[at-l] hikers dictionary

In a message dated 3/10/04 09:56:08 Eastern Standard Time, daveh@psknet.com
writes:

> Hopefully, you are not hiking to impress
> someone, so their labels of laurels, or of boos, should not matter to you.
> That's what HYOH, is all about, IMHO.

I fully agree.  My only objection to the pejorative was in favor of an
appreciation of the side trails.  I fully intend to hike my hike and it will conform
to the "rules" of the AT so that my hike will be understood by others who go
by those "rules."  If I change my mind then I will change my mind.  Life goes
on.  Most don't really care.  But I will be pleased to announce my completion
of the AT in terms of what I have accomplished (hopefully) by the end of the
year.

   Now, I am off to buy some "stuff."

Skylander