[at-l] Re: Modern Devices, etc.

TJ makes the unfortunate observation that "The funny
thing (to me) is that I've *never* heard a single
"that person used a cell phone and ruined my day on
the trail" incident."

We have noticed the telepathic purist who's whole
sense of wildness is ruined by the idea that a c**
p**** is lurking in the bowels of someone else's pack.

Currently, c*** p****s are one of those topics that
brings out raw emotions for many. Part of the
difficulty of HYOH is learning how to attend to your
own hike and avoid allowing someone else's problems to
intrude into your hike. They aren't essential gear,
nor are they the instrument of Satan. They are just a
good luck charm for some.

Bill...