[at-l] Speaking of dogs...

In a message dated 3/8/04 16:28:01 Eastern Standard Time,
kellyswhitman@hotmail.com writes:

> My roommate's English Springer spaniel figured out about two weeks ago that
> I'm leaving.

How did the dog figure it out?  My two have no clue.  I leave every day and
come home again.  When I leave for a night or two they wonder where I am but
then, all of a sudden, there I am and they wag their tails and beg for cookies.
Did you tell the dog that you were leaving?

Or was it that backpack that you wear when you walk the dog?  Heck, don't you
bring it back home with you?  I know that dogs understand some English but
you should lie to the dog and then when you are not there they will just wait
for your return.  And when you return, well, give the dog a cookie and
everything will be fine again.

Skylander