[at-l] Speaking of dogs...

At 04:34 PM 3/8/2004 -0500, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
> > My roommate's English Springer spaniel figured out about two weeks ago
> that
> > I'm leaving.
>
>How did the dog figure it out?  My two have no clue.

My dogs know when I start doing things that signal "going away for a long
time", I.E. get the suitcases out. When they see one suitcase it means I'll
be gone at least overnight. If I get out 2 they know we are both going away
and they are about to spend some time in the kennel.

Dogs are able to figure things out from changes in the pattern of your
behavior. If you are doing things that resulted in your extended absence in
the past they will recognize those behaviors in the future.