FW: [at-l] new hiker questions

>     I am a friend of Pittsburghs and will be participating in his
AT-Slow Hike at the start of my Thru Hike this season. I >recommend that
you bring your car to Shaw's Rooming House in Monson, ME.  I know they
will shuttle you to Abol Bridge.  >They would probably be willing to
pick you up in VT for a price.  I used their services about 4 years ago.
If they use your car >and gass for shuttling they will charge you $10
per hour of traveling time.
 >    Maybe you can find someone in Vermont that would bring you back to
your car.  The best approach would be to leave your >car in Vermont, get
shuttled to Abol Bridge then walk back to your car.  I don't know of a
person that offers that shuttle service.  >But, I bet someone out there
can do it.   Have you contacted the GMC - Green Mountain Club -?  Maybe
their website will have >a list of people willing to offer shuttle
service.  I would offer to do it for you if I were not already hiking.
When will you be on the >trail?  When do you expect to reach Vermont?

Art,
  Thank you thank you thank you!!!  This is exactly the sort of thing I
need to know!  I have the possibility of someone picking me up in
Vermont, if not, your suggestions are perfect!

My plans are to leave Oklahoma June 5th and take 2 days to drive up..
maybe three if I can't resist some photo opportunity. so I should hit
the trail around June 8th or 9th depending on my shuttle situation.  I
have scheduled myself 50 days to do the almost 450 miles that are my
goal. so I should be coming out at Woodstock around July 25th or so?

April  :-)

Ooooo ps. Any thoughts of film vs. digital on the trail? I have both and
I don't think I could do this hike without a camera. and a jimmy buffet
cd.