[at-l] Motels-Amicalola Area

Ozzie wants info on Motels near Amicalola.

The obvious place is the Lodge at Amicalola State
Park. I'd suggest a call ASAP as thruhiker season is
starting, along with a number of friends and family
visiting the area.

Depending how you get here, there are nearby towns
with motels to consider. East of Amicalola is
Dawsonville. The town has a few little motels. Further
east is GA 400, with many motels near th No GA Premium
Outlet Mall. A bit north is Dahlonega (spelling looks
wrong to me). Further west is Ellijay with several
small motels in the area.

I'd call the state park and eliminate that as an
option first. They even have small cottages. If you
especially want fairly cheap beyond proximity,
consider Goose Creek near Blairsville, as well as
state (Vogel) and federal parks (Can't recall the
name) in that area.

http://gastateparks.org/georgia/parks/list.asp?regionid=122&siteid=5
will get you to the NE Georgia state parks.

Bill...