  From: Doug Mathews
  To: HikingGrandpa@aol.com
  Cc: At-list
  Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 7:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Motels-Amicalola Area

  Ozzie,

  I've used the lodge at Amicalola falls many times and find it clean,
  reasonable, and a short 7 miles from Springer with a trail leading to it,
  as well as other trails in the area. There is a restaurant in hte lodge as
  well. Its from there that I started my 2002 hike. I live about 75 miles
  from there and its the only hotel/motel I've used in that area.  There are
  many others in the are, chains I believe , as well as the Smith House in
  Dahlonega. The Smith House serves all you can eat southern food.

  If you need more info, just let me know.

  Mainframe -AT2002