[at-l] A few things at the end of a long week ...................

First - for anyone who cares - my project Concept Review this morning
managed to sell both local management and NASA HQ on the project.  That's
trail-related cause now I won't be on the trail this year - or next - unless
something drastic happens.  Should I be happy about this?

Second - a hearty welcome back to Pittsia.  We've missed you here.  Also
missed you at the PA Ruck.  Have you heard anything from Kahley?

Third - for David O, who emailed me off-line - find an email address were we
can actually talk cause there won't be any more of those kind of answers on
this list.  But I'll be happy to talk to you about it off-line after I read
the article.  Haven't gotten there yet.

Fourth - some time ago Saunterer thought some people were fighting about
who's the smartest person on the list.  Since I'm not a candidate, I'd like
to nominate Felix.  <G>

Seriously.

Sometimes it might be Shane - but this month, Felix is Da Man.  <G>

Fifth - something not really trail related, but interesting - and pretty:
http://ciclops.lpl.arizona.edu/

Sixth - for Chainsaw - sorry - I didn't respond to the MIOX thing cause this
has been "a week" - and because, having looked at it before, we didn't have
a lot of interest in it so I don't remember the details.  How's the leg
doing?  And how are you doing?

Seventh - for Shelly - your water management scheme is too heavy and too
complicated for a long hike.  Next time you go hiking carry a gallon of
water and you'll see what I mean about the "heavy" part.  I've carried as
much as 2 gallons in the desert but I do that only out of necessity - never
by choice.

Eighth - for Bryan - it was an interesting link, but I'm gonna make a
personal request - that you join me in not feeding the trolls from now on,
that you not put any more posts, information or answers of that sort on the
list.  I'll try to send you some of the stuff I promised, but it'll be
off-list and it'll take some time to find it.  Work and the eye problem have
held that process up.

Ninth - for Roks - I'll take pity on you and give you one final (and I mean
FINAL) hint - dirty snow.  Or - a rock on the ice.  OK - so I can't count.
<G>

Tenth - for anyone who actually cares about the global warming stuff - email
me off-liine and if there's any real interest, we'll set up an off-list
group.  But IMO this has never been a  legitimate subject for at-l.  This is
a hiking list and the subject has nothing whatever to do with hiking the AT
anytime in the forseeable future.  For me, "forseeable future" generally
means the next 30 seconds, but in this application it can be extended  to
the Classes of '04 and '05 -- and '06. <G>

Eleventh - seems to me the Shenandoah murder suspect was cleared over a
month ago.  Thank you, Roks, for putting it out here.  He never did fit the
profile.

And a final (and I mean FINAL) comment -

Score -
Weary - 0
Amber - 100, 10-X

Y'all have a good weekend - I'm outta here for a while <VBG>

Walk softly,
Jim

Say ?good-bye? to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial
offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/