[at-l] A suggestion that Ryan create the OT-L

OrangeBug,

Reference your post, dated 2-26-04, advising, ?My suggstion was that OT-L
would be a refuge for hikers, and let the highly knowledgeable AT-L ?heavy
users? continue to use AT-L for their very important topics, just not
particularly hiking related.?

I thought the prefix ?OT? was to meet the needs of those of us who, from
time to time, drift Off Topic to discuss non-hiking-related subjects.  If
this is the case, we already have the distinction you seek, through using
OT-L and AT-L.  Does not the OT prefix on a post subject heading already
alert users seeking a hiking related discussion to ignore that particular
post and read another, non-OT, post?

I was about to suggest we use the prefix POL instead of OT if the discussion
was both Off Topic and Political.  (I capitalize freely.)

Steve

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!