[at-l] MIOX????

I may have understood this wrong, but I heard that even iodine can't kill
cryptosporidium.  So, basically, after a 30-minute wait for it to kill the
giardia, you'd be drinking the same as the filtered water anyway.

One could always take along some flexible water totes that weigh next to
nothing when empty and collect a gallon or two at a time and treat it.
Then, through the day, you could collect water again in the flexible water
tote and treat it on the go.  By the time you get ready to set up camp for
the night, the purification cycle should be completed.  You would then
refill all drinking vessels and divy out for the night's cooking chores.  A
second water collector would then come in handy to go collect water while
supper was cooking.  It would be ready to go by morning to cook with and
refill drinking vessels with plenty left over for a good sized swaller
before hitting the trail.

Just a thought.  Of course, I want to get one and test this out thoroughly
before I end up making a final decision on it.  But, I detest the taste of
iodine so this is one possible solution for me.

Shelly Hale