[at-l] Lost digital camera

On Friday, August 29, 2003, on our NoBo thru hike we were at South Arm Road
in the rain (of course) in late afternoon. We decided to hitch to Andover
Guest House and were picked up by a man and his wife who had just attended a
bbq party at a campground farther up the road. Ken dropped his Olympus
digital D490 zoom camera either in the road or in the trunk of the car. Our
hitch dropped us off at Andover Guest House, who has our name and address
from registration. The hitch then drove to their home 63 miles from Andover.
He had told us that he just retired from the newspaper business but we don't
know what paper or town.

We hoped that if he found the camera in the cars trunk he would return it to
the Guest House. We have been calling there, but no camera has arrived.

Did anyone hear of a hiker finding a camera that has no ID?

What town big enough for a newspaper is 63 miles from Andover?

Any suggestions as to another way to look for our camera?

TIA
GottaWalk