[at-l] Achilles Tendons/Heel Spurs

Thanks for the update, Chainsaw!
>Lots of pain in
>the archilles tendon, that tendon along the bottom of the foot (where you
>get heal spurs), and on both sides of the ankle, itself.

I'd like to take off in a new direction from  Dave's post. A question that's been on my mind.

Has anyone out there (I know you're out there) gotten persistent heel spurs or Achilles tendonitis from hiking?

Can anyone point me in some directions for healing modalities?I already have orthotic inserts, hiked in them.

My heel pain is just not diminishing, and gets worse after a walk. Really don't want to live on ibuprofen to hike. Some inspiration tales of total recovery would be just nifty.

Sore Shoe