[at-l] Ankle report

Couple of folk have asked me how I was doing.

I'm getting better each day.

The cast come off two weeks ago.  Foot and ankle was very, very swollen.
Could only put limited weight on it, for the first week.  Lots of pain in
the archilles tendon, that tendon along the bottom of the foot (where you
get heal spurs), and on both sides of the ankle, itself.

Now I can walk w/o the crutches and most of the time w/o a cane.  In fact, I
do a mile a day on the treadmill.  Only 1.5 to 2.0 MPH and hanging on to the
handles for balance and safety.  The pain in the tendon along the bottom of
the foot and on both sides of the ankle has cleared up.  The achilles tendon
is better.  Today was the first day I could walk down stairs by alternating
legs -- albeit there is still some pain as the toes of the right foot pick
up more weight when I bend my right knee, raise up on the ball of the
foot/toes, and roll forward on them when I step down with the left.

I saw the Doctor this afternoon.  He was very happy with the range of
movement; however, is still concerned by the remaining swelling -- albeit it
is down quite a bit.  We are also somewhat concerned by pain in the achilles
tendon.  Next follow-up in two weeks.  I'm still in the brace for a while.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to push the treadmill up albeit -- if not speed,
more distance.

Chainsaw