[at-l] News on the Trail {Was Drink Mix Vs. TeethT}

Kelly Whitman asked yesterday "Didn't I read somewhere
that you can see NYC from the trail? I wonder if any
hikers saw the smoke and wondered what was going on."

There are several areas where you can see the Big
Trail Town from the AT. There were several who took
that picture, including one that was published in the
ATC monthly magazine.

I am one of many who have gotten caught up following
news since 9/11. I think Michael Moore (Bowling for
Columbine and others) is onto something that media and
government have colluded to create an environment of
fear, and that we have sacrificed liberty for safety.
Even Ben Franklin had an opinion about that.

To circle back to the origin of this thread, security
in good teeth could prevent a hiker of the freedom of
hiking. Risk is implicit in freedom. Embrace it!

Bill...