[at-l] re: Teeth vs drink mix

" I was setting up my tent one evening and
overheard a thru hiker talking to a week-end hiker.  The thru asked "So
what's happening in the stock market?"  It seemed so out of place  in the
cathedral of the trees."

It may seem funny but I could see myself asking such a question.  Not that I'll care what's happening in the stock market.  I guess it would be asked just to remind me of how enjoyable it is not knowing the news of the "real world".  I guess I could be accused of gloating.  I got rid of my radio ('02 hike) because I didn't want to hear the news.  All that really mattered to me was the weather.  And after a while you get good predicting what that will be - and someone is always happy to let you know when bad weather is coming.  Since I've been so busy getting ready for my thru-hike, I guess it's alright if I ask this list....
So, what's happening in the stock market?

Please don't answer that!!
Lwop