[at-l] Re: BIA grants recognition to Schaghticoke tribe.

I will say it again. Look at the topos for the piece of property they own
(not the land they claim they own).  They own 200 vertical acres with the AT
at the top of the cliff. Except for a small spot near the river and some at
the top of the cliff with no access, there is no buildable land here. Trying
to lay claim to more land will certainly be another 20 years of court
fights.

NPS already owns an acceptible bypass of the Shagticoke lands and the trail
could be moved onto it. However it is a very narrow corridor. The large
track of which NPS owns a small sliver is Preston Mountain Club (hunting
club). NPS could ask for more but I am quite sure it would go to
condemnation.

---