[at-l] I know it's been asked before...

<<Most will tell you you'll need winter gear until Mt Rogers, just after
Damascus, but with today's earlier starts, I think it's "wise" to keep it
until
Waynesboro and even then you're likely to have a few cold nights in the
Shenandoahs.

It's pretty much a given to get it back in Glencliffe, NH or even
Hanover.>>

Right on, Sly!

The register entries up in the Mt Rogers area would be amusing if I wasn't
so empathetic with the ones who sent their warm gear home from Damascus.

One entry in particular (at Thomas Knob), by someone who shall remain
anonymous, read: "It's no longer a matter of comfort, it's now a matter of
survival" (regarding the temp and the fact the the warm sleeping bag had be
sent home).

The thing to remember is that you'll hike into the southern towns, down in
the valleys, and the sun will be shining and the birds chirping and the
flowers blooming, and it's spring! (And Warm!!!) And then you gain 3,000
feet to the next ridge, and it isn't even close to spring up there...

BTW, got my warm gear back in Hanover. Good thing too, I missed my
Glencliff maildrop...

skeeter