[at-l] I know it's been asked before...

In a message dated 1/30/2004 12:08:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kellyswhitman@hotmail.com writes:

> ... and probably by me, but when does a *wise* thruhiker send back winter
> gear and when do they later reclaim it again?

Most will tell you you'll need winter gear until Mt Rogers, just after
Damascus, but with today's earlier starts, I think it's "wise" to keep it until
Waynesboro and even then you're likely to have a few cold nights in the
Shenandoahs.

It's pretty much a given to get it back in Glencliffe, NH or even Hanover.

Sly