[at-l] More on Professor Popsicle

"The most vulnerable time of the day is when you are trying to set up your tent, and I was not about to take that chance," he wrote...

What is that about?  What chance was he not about to take?  I read all the articles, they all had this quote, and I can't figure it out.  He'd just been talking about coming out of his tent two mornings and its almost being blown flat.  Then this blurb.  I couldn't put it together.  Anyone else understand it?

anklebear
"You don't have to know anything about the outdoors to hike the A.T.  It's sort of idiot proof."   Emiko Fergusson