[at-l] On southerners driving in snow / ice

I have long maintained that there's rarely a problem of No Place to Park.  Usually, there are hundreds of spaces, they're just at the far end of the lot.  Now last Christmas at our local Wally World, there was literally not a spot available in the whole, entire lot.  I just went home and went back late at night.            anklebear

"You don't have to know anything about the outdoors to hike the A.T.  It's sort of idiot proof."   Emiko Fergusson

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: c[_]
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 8:59 AM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] On southerners driving in snow / ice

  <<<But I digress, I've taken on a different view on parking since I started
  hiking.  Years ago, I'd circle the block endlessly to find the closest spot.
  Now,
  any spot within a mile or so if ok by me.

  That is so funny, I have found myself doing the same thing. Have to park all
  the way at the opposite end of the lot--no problem!

  --WoodChip

  AIM: HikingBootsMom