[at-l] Well, Gee . . .

>"... Having slid into a collision, however gentle, at least twice on ice, I
>know that, once the slide begins, you're in it until something else stops you."

Which is why one has to avoid sliding at all costs. I think it has something to
do with the coefficient of sliding friction being less than that for static
friction. Jim could tell us for sure.

 But the secret to winter driving is to work for a broad margin of safety. Leave
 plenty of room between your car and everything else on the road that would
 tempt one to brake. I commuted close to 100-miles a day for 30 years on Maine
 winter roads. I saw scores of accidents, but never once had even a near miss.
 Defensive driving is the key. Being always on the alert for someone else doing
 something dumb.

 Weary