[at-l] camp shoes

I was going through my inventory of camp shoes, and I found some old, knock-off aqua socks. They have a stretchy fabric top and a soft, rubbery sole. They're lightweight, and they feel like an old sneaker or bedroom slipper. I started thinking about using them as camp shoes. I usually use knock-off sandals, but I hate the <rip, rip> of the Velcro when I get up for my nightly trip to the trees. Has anyone tried water shoes in camp? Or do you think these soles would be too soft to deal with the terrain?

My feet thank you. Happy Asian New Year!
Give Me Chocolate

PS Our new 3# puppy is snuggling inside my sweatshirt as I type. She has not yet learned to alter us--I mean alert us that she needs to go outside...  ;->