[at-l] camp shoes

http://trailquest.net/sandals.html
I think these things are fascinating. But having said that, I've
not used 'em. As a matter of fact, I've not used *any* camp shoe
is quite some time -- I just roll in, loosen my boots (if I feel
the need, which I often don't) -- and go about my business.
Throwing on boots in the night is easy without even lacing 'em.

What I wore on my throughhike were the leather "slipper"
moccasins made by Minnetonka -- weighed about as much as the
aqua socks. Wore 'em every night/morning, I think. Like skeeter
mentioned, there will be places you have to watch you foot
placement, but they sure worked well.

--- Pat Villeneuve <pvpvpv@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I was going through my inventory of camp shoes, and I found
> some old, knock-off aqua socks. They have a stretchy fabric
> top and a soft, rubbery sole. They're lightweight, and they
> feel like an old sneaker or bedroom slipper. I started
> thinking about using them as camp shoes. I usually use
> knock-off sandals, but I hate the <rip, rip> of the Velcro
> when I get up for my nightly trip to the trees. Has anyone
> tried water shoes in camp? Or do you think these soles would
> be too soft to deal with the terrain?
>
> My feet thank you. Happy Asian New Year!
> Give Me Chocolate
>

> PS Our new 3# puppy is snuggling inside my sweatshirt as I
> type. She has not yet learned to alter us--I mean alert us
> that she needs to go outside...  ;->

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.