[at-l] The A.T. ends in Maine!

Maybe the trail is like a piece of wood. When I feed my kitchen range on these
cold days, I don't think of the stick of wood as having a beginning and an end.
Just two ends, though both ends seem to disappear quite quickly this winter.

 Do you suppose the trail has two ends, but no beginning? But if there is no
 beginning, how could anyone begin a hike? Perhaps there is a clue in the fact
 that we used to call "thru hikers," "end to enders."

 Weary