[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

Jack wrote:
>The pursuit of one's inner dreams is a good thing to do while hiking on the
>AT or any other long distance walk.  Time to think abounds on a long walk.
>Directed thinking (along with the pleasure of stream of consciousness
>thinking) can result in achieving a life that is honored and appreciated.

I'm not sure where the idea that "Time to think abounds on a long walk" but
it seems to be fairly common.  Unfortunately, it's not something I've ever
found to be true.  If you manage it, come back and tell us how you did it.
Deep thoughts slow your steps and are an indicator that you're not making
many miles.  And they tend to make you trip a lot.  <G>

Walk softly - but stay in the present moment or you'll miss your hike,
Jim