[at-l] The Cheap hike continued

Yeah, I just found that out earlier tonight (about the down peapods being
available).  I just sent an e-mail to Ed Speer a few minutes ago.  Maybe I
can be toasty warm AND in a hammock on my next section hike (February???
March???).  Can't wait!

"peapod" system seems to be the way to go with cold weather hammocking, and
he is testing a down peapod prototype that is expected to be available in
the next one to three months. >>

> Actually, they are available now. (www.speerhammocks.com) I can
personally attest to the warmth of the down pea pod and top blanket. I got
the last version of the prototype as my Christmas present.On NYE at
Springer, I was so warm, I had to shed a layer in the middle of the night
to sleep comfortable.  It's like staying comfortable any other way -
trial & error and time using it in cold weather to see what layers work
best for you.