[at-l] The Cheap hike continued

Treipp wrote:
<<Although there are features of both systems that I really like, Speer's "peapod" system seems to be the way to go with cold weather hammocking, and he is testing a down peapod prototype that is expected to be available in the next one to three months. >>

Actually, they are available now. (www.speerhammocks.com) I can personally attest to the warmth of the down pea pod and top blanket. I got the last version of the prototype as my Christmas present.On NYE at Springer, I was so warm, I had to shed a layer in the middle of the night to sleep comfortable.  It's like staying comfortable any other way -   trial & error and time using it in cold weather to see what layers work best for you.

Good Luck!

POG