[at-l] Body Comp

-----Original Message-----
From: Bror8588@aol.com
<BR>
<BR>Can you define adequate? ?Would four double roles of Quilted Northern be enough? The weight shouldn't matter as it would diminish over time. ?
<BR>
<BR>BTW -- Is this stuff available at convenience stores along the AT?
<

Four double rolls would be overdoing it, although I do remember a college guy who was hiking the Smokies during break. He didn't have a water filter so he FILLED his pack with rolls of TP. As a hike approaches, I start saving half rolls of toilet paper. Remove the cardboard core, smush flat, insert in Zip-Loc bag.

Quantity is an individual thing, but you might start by testing how much you go through at home in a week and then double it. And an extra half roll is pretty good insurance to carry. TP is available in trail towns, but you'll probably end up buying the slightly more expensive single rolls of Scott. You could also check the hiker box before you head to the store and enter into a TP-buying cooperative.

Otherwise, it's beg, barter, or improvise while you're out there.
Give Me Chocolate