[at-l] Suz's Sauna

At 01:24 PM 1/6/2004 -0500, S Buchanan wrote:
>Martin Fors wrote:
>>Hi Suz,
>>Do you REALLY have a suana?
>
>Dearest Rev. Rusty: Shouldn't ALL clergy have saunas????? ;^)  (Can't you
>just see it on the church calendar: "Sauna night at the Rector's house" -
>I warned them that if they called me to this church, it would never be the
>same again!  And the bishop doesn't call me "the wild woman of North
>Conway" for nothing!)
>
>Yes, I have a sauna. I'm still new to this, but am loving it!!!  I suppose
>it can be run as wet or dry - but the last two nights I have thrown water
>on the hot rocks for lots of steam, as I'm fighting a really bad chest
>cough. The steam was wonderful for that.

I've never been able to *do* saunas or steam baths for that matter. I tried
a steam bath first (back in the Army). I wasn't in there 2 minutes and I
ran out gasping for air. I felt like I was drowning, just couldn't breathe.
Several years later I had the opportunity to try a sauna. I thought it was
the moist air that had bothered me in the steam room, NOT! It was the heat.
I had precisely the same reaction to the sauna. I couldn't breathe in
there. I stayed only slightly longer than I might have underwater and ran
out gasping for air. Do other people have that reaction to saunas/steam rooms?