[at-l] Body Comp

An enhanced appetite at the end of a Thru-Hike could result in weight gain
but it would be diminished by the muscle gained (muscle burns more calories than
fat does).  Of course, it you eat enough Pasta, Bread, Pizza, Rice, Cookies &
Cake, and sweet sugary beverages as well as beer the additional calories
ingested will be stored as fat if it is not needed for fuel.

I expect that I will lose some 40-60 pounds on my Thru-Hike (beginning just
84 days from now) and will try very hard to maintain the loss by hiking,
restricted diet, increased metabolism (muscle burns more calories than fat does),
and a restricted clothing budget.

The Celebration Season of 2004 may prove to be problematic but I will face
that when it comes.

Skylander