[at-l] Sleeping Bag Drive and computer Trouble!!

Well you can fault MS for many things but bugs in the OS isn't one of them.
It has been mathematically shown that it is impossible to write a program of
any size without bugs and these OS have millions of lines of code. Most of
the bugs in Win95 actually come from debris left by third party software.
But they still fixed something like 8000 bugs between 95 and 98 and the same
for 98 to 96SE.

However ME was never ready to be released and they was loud bitchin and
moanin among the tech beta testers when they announced they were releasing
it. It was a walk down the wrong path which they corrected in Win 2K

Other OS have as many or more bugs as MS products but the general public
just doesn't hear about them since they are such a tiny portion of the
market. LINUX is much more buggy for example. MS is making an effort anyway
they are spending more on the next OS (Longhorn) than Boing spent on
developing the 747 for example. But there will always be bugs.

If your app runs on 95 and ME it will run on 98SE. Most professionals
consider 98SE as the best of the 9X series.

Bryan

 Samuel Adams advised, "Let us contemplate our forefathers, and posterity,
and resolve to maintain the rights bequeathed to us from the former, for the
sake of the latter."