[at-l] Nanatak Arc Alpinist

At 06:30 AM 12/21/2003 -0500, athummingbird@dnet.net wrote:
>It really does not take all that long to put up the hammock, even in the
>really cold weather.  You get a system.  It sure is worth it to me as I
>sleep so much better than on the cold, hard ground.  I am a warm sleeper
>anyhow so have never needed all that.

If the first step in bad weather is to put up your tarp/fly the rest of the
process isn't so much of a chore. I remember racing to get my tent erected
and the fly on before the rain soaked the tent. Yeah, I know, get a single
wall tent. Trouble is I can't sleep worth a damn on the ground or on a
shelter floor. Sleep is right up there in importance with food when you are
hiking and the bottom line is, I sleep better in my hammock.