[at-l] Re: 2004 Ruck to Benefit.... DWG/CotM Hostel

Sloetoe wrote:

>> And, has probably been taken advantage of, or mistreated by,
>>
>>more hikers than all other hostels on the trail. A worthy
>>

>cause, for sure.
>
>### Fee, I know little about (but unfortunately, easily believe)
>your contention of the DWG/CotM hostel being mistreated by
>"hikers". (Or those who identify themselves as such.) If only
>for my benefit, might you (and others) share some hiker-induced
>mistreatment anecdotes you think of as typical examples? I'm
>already sympathetic for what the hostel has done, but I'm
>ignorant of what they've ..."endured".

Well, I guess the two easiest things would be A) Hikers who come from
miles around for the 'bean feed' (I forget what that feed is called)
that is kinda supposed to be for those hikers who are 'there'...B)
People (hikers) who aren't actually hiking who stay in the hostel and
don't pay (I saw this first hand...man parks at the parking area up the
hill, walks in with an empty pack 'cept for a change of clothes....A
free motel. )

--
Felix Navidad
ME-->GA '98