2004 Ruck to Benefit.... whom????? Re: [at-l] My drummin' friend...

--- Snodrog5@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/15/03 11:00:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> AThiker@smithville.net writes:>
> > that bald drummer that said "We're gonna kick butt" is a
> > friend of mine, and donator of raffled off drumheads that
> raised money for the Place a few years ago...Kenny Aronoff...
### Yeah, man! I got these drum sticks that someone had written
his name on. Pretty kewl! (They were in pretty bad shape, though
-- I was thinking of turning 'em in for a refund somewheres...)

> For new list members, in 2000 the Place in Damascus needed
> help. List members were instrumental in raising over $5000 and
getting a work party together. I think there's pic in the
gallery?
### No, we don't often wish to work an "official" *anything*
into Ruck business -- the 2000 Ruck benefitting The Place being
a well-known and wonderful exception. May I suggest a similar
entirely-worthy exception? Delaware Water Gap's Church of the
Mountain hostel has put out a call for help in the latest ATN
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/about/pubs/atn/archive/ATN03Nov.pdf
If you scan down to page 20, you'll see the "Letter" ...
This hostel, again, has provided *worthy* service, and would be
a good steward of any resources we might raise....

This message mercilessly copied to
BackpackingLight@yahoogroups.com, who were also instrumental to
making the Y2000 efforts a marvelous success.