From: Teresa <WenchAT03@comcast.net>
Sent: Dec 16, 2003 9:23 AM
To: AT-L <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: Re: [at-l] GPS questions:  altimeter

If altimeters use barometric pressure to estimate elevation (altitude), what
happens when the barometric pressure is changing due to weather and not
elevation?  Is the change so insignificant that it doesn't matter?  What is
the relationship between pressure and altitude (What change in pressure is
equivalent to 100 feet elevation, for example)?  Does the altimeter need to
be calibrated?

Thanks.
:-)
Wench