[at-l] AMC's "miscues" in the 100 Mile

In a message dated 12/14/03 11:08:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> According to the subscribers list there are (at this moment) 520 members of
>
> AT-L. There have been a total of 24 posts on this topic by 10 members (1.9%
> of the list). The "score" so far is TJ 7 posts vehemently against the AMC,
> Weary 5 posts for the AMC, OB 2 posts calling for more temperate
> discussion, Sly 3 responses/comments but not engaging either side in
> dispute and the rest, one post each either favorable or echoing OB's call
> for civility. Only one poster (.19% of AT-L) has been overtly negative to
> the AMC's announced plan.

On 12/9 I posted a link, without personal comment, to a news story about this
on the meepi website.
On 12/12, after days of trying to find out more and learning many details, I
posted what I had found out along with an opinion.
In the post, I made a comment about Gov. Baldacci: "Maine's new Governor (A
paper company whore, in my personal opinion)". As an interested viewer of Maine
politics for decades, that remains my personal opinion. Later, I took an
offensive word out of the subject line I started. In my anger, I used the best
word I could think of to characterize the AMC's plan. I apologize for not being
able to express myself better in that subject line, it was insensitive of me.
Neither Weary's flame of me and our list, nor his attempt to inject a third
party into the discussion, will lessen my respect for him. (Yesterday:"Out of
respect for Weary, I will carefully address his response. Hope the
anti-windmill meeting went well, Weary.") I meant what I typed.

I was pleased to see the thoughtful responses by other list members.

.19%J