[at-l] Re: Winter food and Fontana to Springer

--- Tim Woodworth <hiker_00@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm two weeks home from this section and the walk is still
> very fresh in my soul.  If it's any help, I did this section
in 7 days.
### Yow! Me be sloeeeeetoe, not quicktoe! (I did a marathon last
weekend -- first run over 40 minutes since April; first run over
1 hour since February! "Slothtoe" would work...)

> That was with resupply at Neels Gap and NOC and no town
interruptions.
### Exactly what I'm thinking!

> As for cold dinners, I don't understand why you would want to.
> This comes from very fresh memories of being wet and very cold
at a windy 5000'.  Getting into my bag and having filling, warm
food made the real potential of hypothermia much less.
### I agree -- and I'll eat anything you want to cook!

> Also, what else are you going to do in dark early evening?
### Walk.

> Why not make something warm and filling?
### Can I walk and stay warm, and then fill my sleeping bag? (I
know, I'm a p.i.t.a. here...., but if I'm not moving, I'm in the
bag and zipped up.)

> PS.  There were lots of hunters.  One guy asked me what I'd do
> if he beat me up and took my stuff.  The others were all
friendly.
### I think I met him last time, camping with the buds. Not
missing a beat, I turned to the next guy and asked him a
question, as if the horse's ass hadn't said a word. The rest of
us had a pleasant chat, but boyyyyyyy that gave me a 'tude for
the rest of the day.

CoolHandToe
(Thanks, Tim, for the timely info!!!)

=====