[at-l] Elevation changes

skeeter wrote:
>Gee, I'm surprised that no one's mentioned the northbound descent of
>Dragons Tooth in Va. I understand that can be quite exciting in the rain...

Aw, c'mon - Dragon's Tooth is a pussy cat.  And I've done it both ways in
both rain and sunshine.  It only hurts a little bit.  <G>

>Bet we're missing a few... Come to think of it Moody Mt in Me was quite
>exciting in the rain... I think Jim can vouch for Moody...

Hmmm - Moody ----- Moody ---- oh, yeah, north side - a group coming up the
Trail - a wet root - a full somersault (complete with pack) - arm completely
black and blue up past the elbow - broken wrist - two days in Andover ----
and then the hand-over-hand climb up Blue Mt.  But then, I don't hike on my
wrist, do I?   Naaah - not very memorable.  Not much <G>

I do remember Roan Mt though ---- terrible struggle to get about quarter of
the way up, my partner passed me like I was standing still.  Twenty minutes
later, I got angry (yeah - I have been known to get angry - at myself) ---
and I passed my partner like a rocket.  He barely got to say hello as I went
past.  Never stopped, never slowed down till the top.  A little emotion goes
a long way.

Good climbs - I should maybe try some of them again.  Or maybe all of them.

Walk softly,
Jim

Say “goodbye” to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.