[at-l] OT Personal Rant for RB, was The Great Pole Tip Test

"Yeah, RB - you did need to know this if you're gonna stick around here."

RB--

You should also know that a whole lot of people think Jim is completely full
of s*&^  when he takes on the mantle of list protector and Captain Logic.
While that should be obvious, I hope sharing this will make it a bit easier
to let his last post slide off your back like a pot on an uneven
Whisperlight.   Don't get sucked into the drama.

Jim is a most knowlegable hiker though.  When it comes to the AT, however,
knowledgeable hikers are a dime a dozen.  If you want to learn from the
experiences of a wide range of AT hikers there are better places to do so
than this forum.  E-mail me off line and I'll suggest a few.  One of my
favorites has a thread on this topic which I think you might find much more
satisfying.

You will get passion if you stick around herer, however.  Definitely some
laughs, and sometimes even a bit of wisdom.  If you are like me, you may end
up seeing a whole lot of yourself in both Weary and Jim.  For good and bad.
My only advise is don't get sucked into it.   I consider it good training
for when I graduate to old sage/curmudgeon status.

Weary is no Bully.  People see thier own truth.  But to paraphrase Jonny in
"Dirty Dancing", nobody sits Weary in the corner.  Those who see my version
of the truth are grateful for that.  He is one of the good guys.

And yes, Jim is an ass.   But so what?  He is our (meaning the List's) ass.
Speaking for myself, I would not enjoy AT-L half as much without him.  His
passion is chronic, even when his logic is a bit rusty. Plus, how often do
you ever have the chance to learn form someone who understands people so
well and is alway right?

Rick B

>From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you’ll find a
range of helpful holiday info here.