Fw: [at-l] links to my recent NH and PA pics

>"...Perhaps Weary's longevity has something to do with never progressing beyond
>that stage of childhood..."

Ah. Saunterer. I certainly can be persistent -- especially about matters
affecting trails and wild places. But I doubt if it has to do with an arrested
childhood.

 It may be simply that the things I'm most proud of having done in this life
 were almost all a result of persistence. A few, probably misguided, souls think
 my persistence resulted in most of the broadly protected portions of the
 Appalachian Trail in Maine, along with 400,000 acres of once lost public land.
 Our town land trust will close before winter on the acquisition of property
 needed for the protection of a wild pond that I've been working on since the
 fall of 1973.

 I think of my persistence as sort of a fall back stratagem that evolved from a
 deficiency of other talents.

 If I regret anything it tends to be things about which I was not persistent
 enough. Think how much more effective I might be on this list were I not a
 failed thru hiker.

 Weary