[at-l] hiking poles' efficiency...

Only "simple scientific fact' in my book means a published peer reviewed
study in a reputable journal. Where are these studies? And as usual you
insert your own warped understanding into other peoples points. All I was
doing was pointing out that Weary's claim that when rain washes out a hole
that means erosion occurred, doesn't fit all the facts.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

         It is simple scientific fact that a solid mass, like a layer of
undisturbed soil, will be more likely to erode if it is broken up or poked.
The simple equation is: without Leki tip disturbance the soil base in and
around the trailbed will remain in its current state. With thousands of Leki
tip hits the soil base becomes disturbed and vulnerable. That is a simple
formula. The only thing that could possibly change that is a popular will to
make it otherwise.