[at-l] Re: taking maps/compass or not... Part II

Also, I really don't read a compass, for all the fact that I've dutifully
carried one all these years.  What I do, though, is the watch thing.  Point
your hour hand towards the sun, and halfway between there and 12:00 is
South.  That works well enough for me to get some basic acclimation.
anklebear

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:18:37 EST, Slyatpct wrote