[at-l] trail food

I mixed my food supply roughly 50/50 between food drops and local
groceries. That meant I was able to build some variety into my menu as I
went along, but wasn't too hung up if the local store didn't have too much
selection.

Unless you are VERY familiar with your diet while long distance hiking I
wouldn't go overboard planning it ahead of time (unless, of course, you
have some very specific dietetic restrictions). Your tastes will change as
you go along. Plan for changes... that healthy diet you planned in your
drops, but there's just not enough of it? Can's stand the sight of oatmeal,
pasta, or forgive me, Snickers again? But they're in every food drop
between Podunk and Maine??? (Fill in the blanks there, your tastes will
change) Now whatya do?
It's best if someone has access to your drops, to add or make changes. Or
are able to make your own changes by buying in town.

KeKehawe described it perfectly one time... at some point you're going to
hike out of town, and arriving at camp you'll shake out your food bag, and
nothing will appeal to you because you've eaten it all so many times....

skeeter