downsides to frequent resupply: Re: [at-l] Non-food from Yoga Lady

In a message dated 11/5/2003 12:26:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

> ### Going into town costs you:
> 1) Time -- whether the hitch or the hike, it's 3-4 hours, easy.
> 2) Money -- who goes into town and doesn't buy a sit-down meal?
> 3) Headspace -- who goes into town and doesn't sponge in
> available TV, newspaper, the idle People mag, noiseradio, etc?
> Is that why we hike?

I consider towns and meeting locals as part of the trail experience whether
it be for a couple hours or a couple days.  It's nice to get a hot shower,
clean clothes and a couple local brewskis too!

Sly