Trekking poles and... Re: [at-l] Re: Body Puffiness &Swelling

In a message dated 11/4/03 5:36:58 PM, gadog430@charter.net writes:

<< I hike with one Leki from long ago. Does fine. Love it. It's my companion.

I do know someone that has two. From what I have seen, he rarely takes the

other one.

Anyone else? >>

I started using one ski pole.  It did not help reduce the pain in my knees.
And sometimes I found it more difficult to walk with the one pole then with no
pole.  Later I tried two poles.  I was convinced.  The pain in my knees
decreased considerably.  It took awhile for me to get used to having the poles in
my hands but now i will not hike without them.  On of the benefits I noticed
right away was that my hands no longer swell when I hike with my poles.  I do
have better balance.  I have often rescued myself from a fall by using my poles.
 On very rare occassion my poles will contribute to a stumble.

                                            Art