Trekking poles and... Re: [at-l] Re: Body Puffiness &Swelling

ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com wrote:
>  On very rare occassion my poles will contribute to a stumble.

I find that happens the most on a "closed in" trail, with mountain
laurel, briars, or whatever intruding into the trail.  I compensate by
bringing my poles in closer to my feet, and every so often I plant a
pole between my feet.  Instant studderstep stumble inducer.

Otherwise, I don't see how I hiked without them.......I started with
two, fwiw.