[at-l] to change (loose change)...

>"...So you would favor having small children subjected to a night in the cold,
>quite possibly suffering from exposure or dying, so that the adults would learn
>personal responsibility?

Yup. I'm concerned with the survival of the species -- not necessarily
individual members of same, unless, of course, they are my kids.

 A species that can not learn to survive in the natural world is doomed, I
 suspect -- or at least more likely to be doomed.

 Anyway, I have heard no evidence to date that these folks would have been more
than  merely inconvenienced by a night in the woods. Humans are pretty rugged
folks. It's hard to kill them off by accident.

 Weary