[at-l] Hammock + pack question

In a message dated 10/22/03 1:32:55 PM, jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

<< Given that scenario you would need a hammock that is longer than your
height plus the length of the pack plus additional room to keep you from
bumping into it all night. >>

Wouldn't you need to add twice the length of the pack to make sure the center
of the hammock is around the middle of your body?  I'm asking.  Maybe your
body weight would be enough to change the location of the low point on the
hammock but then the shorter side of the hammock would have a steeper pitch.  I
don't know.  Someone should set up a hammock and test it out.

                                                Art